Alafaya is a fast-growing Orlando suburb with a population of roughly 90,000 people.
Alafaya is technically a census-designated place within the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford Metropolitan statistical area. It’s only nine miles away from downtown Orlando, and even nearer to the University of Central Florida and Waterford Lakes.
If you’re looking to buy a home or investment property in the Alafaya area, this article is for you. In it we’ll be going over what makes Alafaya such a great place to consider making home.
Located in Orange County, Alafaya is considered one of the top places to live in central Florida. The suburb is populated by a blend of young professionals, families, and retirees. Alafay’s public schools are considered above average. Many residents lean slightly liberal. Twenty-seven percent of residents are under 18 years old, 45% are between 18 and 44 years old, and 27% are over 44.
Alafaya’s population has grown roughly 15% in the last ten years. Today this Orlando suburb is home to over 90,000 people and over 30,000 households!
Alafaya’s economic stats reveal that its economy is stronger than the U.S. average. Take a look for yourself:
- Alafaya’s unemployment rate comes in below the national average at 5.5%
- Alafay’s job market is expanding at 3.9% per year
- Job growth is projected at 50% over the next decade
Alafaya also gets a green light when it comes to income-related metrics:
- Median resident income is ~$26,856 a year
- Median household income is ~$63,022 a year
- Alafaya’s income tax rate is 0.0%
The town’s housing market is also pretty strong. Median home values come in at $269,300, above the national average, while rent prices remain largely affordable.
9 Florida-Friendly Real Estate Tips
Before you buy in Alafaya, however, there are just a few things you should know. Check out this condensed list of helpful tips and tricks to get the best deal possible.
- Understand the market
- Understand Florida’s property tax laws
- Understand Florida’s oceanfront property laws
- Find a credible Florida-based real estate agent (like Icon!)
- Explore more than one financing option
- Factor Florida’s weather into homeowner’s insurance
- Ask communities about deed restrictions
- Save up for high closing costs
- Know your seller
Icon Makes Alafaya’s Real Estate Market Simple
As tempting as it may be, try not to be daunted by the above list. Team Icon can help you navigate Florida’s complex real estate market with ease.
Our deep knowledge of Floridian real estate — and decade’s worth of experience — allow us to put you in control of the buying experience. Whatever you’re looking for, we’re confident that we can help you find and close on a truly great deal! Contact us today if you’re interested in making Alafaya home.