Conway is an unincorporated town located in Central Florida’s Orange County. Roughly 14,000 Floridians call this pleasant little slice of the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford Metropolitan area home.
If you’re planning on joining them, you may want to enlist the help of an area-specific real estate agent. Here are the details.
Conway was settled way back in the 1850s, and by the early 1900s it was already setting itself apart from other parts of Central Florida. One of Orange County’s very first paved throughways was Conway’s brick road, which ran from Orlando into the heart of Conway. This road ran through the areas now known as Curry Ford Road and Anderson Road.
Demographic stats show that Conway’s population has been holding steady in the 13,000-14,000 range for several decades now. As of the 2000 census, Conway was home to ~14,300 people; today it’s home to ~13,200.
Despite its small town population, Conway has an increasingly bustling economy. Workers from Disney, the Crayola Experience, and Lockheed Martin are apt to call Conway home. Conway’s median income is $59,000 per household. The average home now lists for $450,000 — a 20+ percent increase from just a few years prior.
What to Look for in a Conway Real Estate Agent
Interested in getting involved in Conway’s’ real estate scene? Great! Before you jump right in, however, you may want to enlist the help of an area real estate agent.
And if you’re looking for a real estate agent, you should know that not all agents are created equal. Some are far more experienced than others! Below are a few key things to ask yourself before selecting an agent:
- Do they understand the local market? Agents that aren’t local are more apt to overlook area rules, regulations, and subtleties.
- Do they understand the local property tax laws? Different suburbs and municipalities may have different tax rates. Local real estate agents will be truly familiar with such things.
- Do they facilitate communication between you and the seller? Communication makes just about everything easier — and homebuying is no exception. Top real estate agents will streamline communication and make things easier for all parties.
- Are they familiar with area deed restrictions? Once again, only truly local agents are apt to be truly knowledgeable in this area.
- Are they credible and established? There’s no substitute for real-world experience, so it only makes sense to select a team that’s been around for a while.
Team Icon’s real estate agents check all these boxes and then some. The end result is a simple, streamlined buying experience. Contact us today if you’re seeking out an experienced Conway-area real estate agent. We’re confident our agents can turn your property-ownership dreams into a reality.