Lakeland is the largest city in Polk County — and an increasingly popular destination for tourists and real estate investors alike. Let’s take a brief look at how you can succeed in the Lakeland area’s bustling real estate market!
Is Lakeland, Florida a Nice Place to Live?
As part of the Tampa Bay area, Lakeland is home to just about every type of amenity you could hope for. Its downtown area is known and loved for its throwback architecture and abundant antique shops. Much of the nearby Florida Southern College was designed by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The city’s museum scene is also solid; be sure to check out The Polk Museum of Art and its wide-ranging collections.
Lakeland is also decidedly family friendly. Feel free to bring the whole family along to Safari Wilderness or downtown Lakeland’s famous murals. Kids love the Mural Scavenger Hunt! See if you can find the highly-popular angel wing mural.
Add to all this Lakeland’s bustling economy and you’ve got a recipe for serious real estate success. The city is home to a staggering number of new job opportunities. Amazon, Publix, Geico, and other top companies all have bases here. This influx of jobs, workers, and money has led to an even higher demand for housing than we’ve seen previously.
Lakeland Real Estate Tips
The statistics show that Lakeland’s real estate scene is red-hot right now. It’s shifted away from last year’s ultra-hectic nature, however. Here are the details.
- Home prices in July 2022 are up 24% from last year.
- The median home price is now $326,000.
- The average home stays on the market for 10 days.
- Last year the average home stayed on the market for just 6 days.
- The number of homes sold in July 2022 and July 2021 was very similar.
- ‘Hot’ homes can sell in just 4 days — for 3-4% above list price!
What can you do to stand out, you may ask? Several things. At Team Icon we have over 30 years of combined experience navigating central Florida’s real estate market. Based on this, we’ve learned to:
- Move fast. Homes don’t last long in Lakeland, particularly ‘hot’ homes!
- Communicate clearly. If you’re actually interested in buying, be sure to let the seller know.
- Cash can still be king. Buyers that can afford to do so have had much higher success rates making a cash offer.
- Work with the experts. Don’t hesitate to get help from seasoned professionals if you’re serious about succeeding in today’s market.
Whether you’re seeking out a new investment property or looking for your dream home, our local experts at Team Icon are here to help. With over 30 years of collective experience, we’ve pretty much seen it all. Get in touch with us today if you’d like some help making your next investment.